School of Radiologic Technology
The School of Radiologic Technology exists to educate competent, professional and caring individuals to provide quality healthcare to positively impact the health status of the region.
It is a 24-month program that includes didactic and clinical instruction and experience in the areas of general radiography, fluoroscopy, mobile and C-arm radiography, computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging, ultrasonography, nuclear medicine, mammography and special procedures.
This instruction is provided by two full-time instructors, five part-time instructors, a team of radiologists, and the hospital’s imaging department staff of registered radiographers. Upon completion of the program, graduates receive a certificate and are eligible to sit for the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) examination to become a registered radiographer.
- To graduate competent entry level radiographers who exhibit the necessary affective behaviors and employ the required professional discretion and judgment as deemed appropriate by the American Society of Radiologic Technologists Scope of Practice as well as the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists’ Code of Ethics for the Radiographer.
- To provide learning activities for developing effective communication skills.
- To aid each student in developing and utilizing appropriate critical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- To promote professional growth and development, and lifelong learning.
- To assist each student in learning the technical skills needed to perform radiographic examinations by providing written didactic and clinical objectives that ensure measurable learning outcomes.
The Penn Highlands Clearfield’s School of Radiologic Technology is accredited by the Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology.
20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 2850
Chicago, Illinois 60606-3182
To contact the School of Radiologic Technology, call 768-2230.
For Student Learning Outcomes and Program Effectiveness Data: Download PDF
***No applications are being accepted at this time.***