Penn Highlands Elk Radiology provides our medical staff with the vital images they need for effective diagnoses and treatment. Open 24-hours a day and equipped with state-of-the-art technology, we offer:
Diagnoses abdominal pain, aneurysm size, cancer, blood clots in the lung or fractures of the spine.
Uses a magnetic field for capturing 2D and 3D images (non-radiated).
Requires an oral, injected, or inhaled radioactive isotope to capture images that determine how well certain organs are functioning.
PET CT Scans
Combines a CAT scan and a nuclear medicine. Evaluates the response of tumors to treatment . Allows physicians to adjust treatment sooner. Improves the detection rate of distant metastasis. Also aids in the accurate diagnosis Alzheimer’s disease.
- We’re accredited by the American College of Radiology (ACR), and each of our modalities of imaging (outlined above) have been recognized by the ACR for superior quality. All Penn Highlands Elk radiologists are board-certified.
For radiology office locations, hours or to schedule an appointment
Please call (814) 788-8844 or (814) 788-8845.
Women’s Imaging Services
Our Women's Imaging Center at Penn Highlands Elk has been designated a "Breast Imaging Center of Excellence" by the ACR. This designation is awarded only to centers that have proven they meet the highest standards of professionalism. It represents outstanding quality and comes as a result of an extensive review of image clarity, staff qualifications and quality control procedures.
Our Women's Image suite is designed to be private and comfortable and offers these services:
- DEXA scans. Bone density screening to diagnose osteoporosis.
- Mammograms. X-ray screening that checks for breast cancer in women who have no signs or symptoms of the disease.
- 3D and 4D maternal/fetal ultrasounds. Uses sound waves to produce images. Refines 2D diagnoses of maternal/fetal problems (non-radiated).
- Stereotactic breast biopsies. Removes portion of breast tissue to examine for breast cancer or other problems.
- Ultrasound-guided breast biopsies. A biopsy that is assisted by ultrasound imaging to pinpoint the exact tissue.
Locations (for general imaging services)
Emporium Radiology Services
416 North Broad Street
Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Ridgway Radiology Services
104 Metoxet Street
Monday through Friday, 6 a.m. and 7 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday, 9 a.m. to 7 a.m.
St. Marys Radiology Services
Penn Highlands Elk
763 Johnsonburg Road
St.Marys, PA 15857